Monday, October 13, 2008

Mountain Goat Hunting in British Columbia

Paul Van Dam and myself left on October 7 to spend a week hunting Goat in BC. This is our camp where we stayed while hunting. Camp was on an island that made it a little harder for the Bears to bother us. We had great weather and the area was beautiful.
This is what they look like running around the mountain. We saw this one right after I shot mine. It is as steep as it looks.

Here I am on the four hour trek it took to get where the Goat was. The altitude was not as bad as the steepness of the terrain.

This was quite a dinner we had the second night in camp. Soup, sandwich and hot dogs.

This is where we finally got a shot at the Goat.

I shot it the first day of the hunt. It tumbled hundreds of feet down the mountain before coming to a stop. Paul shot his the next day and we were home Sunday night October 12. It was a great hunt that you can never be in good enough shape for but I made it and was quite happy I did not have to climb the mountain another day.

4 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Nice goat dad! I'm sure it was a Perfect Shot! Glad to have you back!

Anonymous said...

Wow you didn't waste anytime shooting one. Now what are you going to make it into a rug? That would have been cool to watch it fall down the mountain.

Brian M

chris wierda said...

Nice job Keith!! Keep up the post...I enjoy seeing what you're up to.

Chris